How do YOU define "cheating?"

To me, so long as I'm informed about whatever happened, I don't consider it cheating. I think that hiding it makes it cheating. But then, I'm open minded about relationships and I'm not a huge supporter of monogamy, unless both parties just HAVE to have things that way. I believe in open relationships and polygamy more than anything.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• So what your saying is if your s/o came home and said " I did it with my co-worker at lunch time" your okay with that? Ha ha. NOt me
    I think the act is not the only thing that is cheating. If my husband was being lustful or flirting, or planning a sex date. I would be pretty hurt.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you have to hide it then you're cheating.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think that if you hide or or even if you know what happend I still feel its cheating either way which if you are with someone that you really truely love then you should not be out kissing or hugging or doing anything with another person
    shelly2226

Answer by shelly2226 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I also agree with you, OP. I'm seeing someone, but my husband knows about it. He said he doesn't consider it cheating, but he would had I been dishonest with him.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Anything done with a non-primary partner that was done with deceitfulness and outside previously agreed upon boundaries of the primary couple.

I'm in an open marriage and am polyamorous and this definition above is what works for me. Stay honest, be respectful and respect each other boundaries is all I really ask for.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't care if I know ahead of time or not its cheating. Any action whatsoever is cheating and its not ok.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 7:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I totally agree with you

Answer by admckenzie at 7:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If he does anything with a woman that he wouldnt do in front of me...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm like you... "Cheating" requires deceit, AND is physical... This "emotional cheating" that I keep hearing about is a crock! I prefer open relationships although I'm not in one. To me, cheating is something we hide, if you cheat at Monopoly you don't want the other players to know, you hide it. But if you're honest about the fact that you rolled a 7 and went 8 and no one cares, is it really cheating? Not in my opinion, it was just how the game is sometimes played... The same goes for relationships, no two people are going to be the prefect match for one another and it's not wrong to fulfill those other needs with other people. Just be honest about it & I'm cool!

On the other hand I think there needs to be a level of respect as well, my DH is not comfortable being with someone else, so in turn we don't have the open marriage I would like, simply because I have respect for him...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• When your partners heart and thoughts are with another. It doesn't have to be sex.
    kmm1

Answer by kmm1 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010