How to relocate to a different state.

This is the first time that my family is relocating to a different state in which we don't anyone and would be far away from the family. My daughter would be attending school there and continue her carreer with the army there. And I don't have a clue of what to do.

guayca1

Asked by guayca1 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Travel

• What are you confused about? I guess I don't understand the question. I've moved many times, always to states where we don't know anyone, so I can offer advice to you. But what are you confused about? Please elaborate and I'll be happy to offer some advice. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• email the state capitol .org and tell them you are relocating want a list of top schools need to know income medians for towns so you can choose one that you want to be in also check with triple a and tell them you want one of their guides which will tell you local attractions ect check with b and b's cause they will know local attractions too then you will know which mountains to climb theaters to see lakes to boat and good luck with your new home:)
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 7:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Join something...A church, PTA ( or they call it Home and School now) voluntter with the town. Join the local theater...sew, practice tai chi....okay start with those and if you have five minutes left over...come back to cafemom and tell us about it...:)  

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I relocated nearly 7 years ago to a foreign country known as Texas. I found friends by pursuing things that were important to me. It took a while, but this area (DFW) is known for being hard to make friends in. Think of it as an opportunity to choose activities and paths based solely on what you really want to do instead of the expectations of those around you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I really do not understand the question but I think you are saying "what are you to do?"
    I find every time my DH and I move I always join a gym...It seems to always help.
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 5:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2008