talking about your sex life

Do you talk about what goes on in your sex life, like things you do, who you do it with, etc? If so, why?

I see all the time people say things like "I'm not a prude, I have no problem discussing lalala." Personally I just don't get it. For me it is more of a turn on knowing that my SO and I are the only ones who know what goes on between us, and the 'dirty little things' we do. Why be "open" about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• because sex is not taboo to me. I don't go into details,but I allude to it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I give a little info but no details. I think it's special when ou both can share something nobody else knows.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I understand sharing if it helps someone, but some people are just way to talkative about their sexual relationships. I find it rather disgusting to hear/read details
    jm14879

Answer by jm14879 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, I don't talk about my sex life at all, but all of my friends do, so I instead of doing the talking I just listen.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I like to keep mine to my self lol
    shelly2226

Answer by shelly2226 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i have no problem discussing my sex life, but thats just my opinion. i see no problem with you wanting to keep yours private. whatever works for you. relationships are very different and what works for one couple may not for another, so i dont think people should make judgements based on how others handle their own business. i have friends that i know ALL about their sex life and others that i know NOTHING about their sex life. its up to them as to what they want to discuss. i dont share details with aquaintances or anything, but i do find it as a way to bond with close friends by talking about such personal parts of my life.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i did ask for advice on here because it was something at 45 i did not know how to handle
    at first i got "you are a troll!" and no one would answer me, but after i posted a few tings, women started to realize i was really having this issue and helped me try to figure it out, AND after i posted a few times (because everyone just yelled troll at the start) some women yelled- stop posting about this
    i could not win, posted=called troll, reposted= yelled at for posting again
    LMAO! ..funny now, not funny then
    thanks to all the women who took the time to try to help me through that very very hard time

and i could not reallt talk about with a girlfriend, because they could never look at him the same if i told (who could?)

*if i had a normal healthy sex life with a descent man- no, i do not think i share info*
    anyone have a fatastic single brother, uncle, father or neighbor? =background check will be done-lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't give out ALL the gory details, and I don't talk about it to just anyone, but I see no problem in talking to a couple of friends about it. It's helped my sex life in many ways over the years. We talk about it, we brush on preferences and the easiest ways to get off and stuff, but there's no "Ok, I had my leg in this position, and then he did this, and then we did that, and then we did this, and then I did that which he really liked..." kind of talk or diagrams or anything like that. The only time we ever go into any real details is if something bad happened and we're trying to figure out why or how it happened.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Oh, and I NEVER talk about it with someone who finds it offensive or something like that. There are just a couple of close friends that I've known since long before we were sexually active, and we chat about it. I never talk about sex with someone else unless they initiate the conversation and ask my opinion or something like that. I try to respect that, since I've known quite a few people who don't.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I keep it to myself too
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2010