just found out i was pregnant for the third time...

hello, my name is jessica and today i found out i was pregnant for the 3rd time. im 22 with one son named aiden that is 2 1/2 and i had a miscarraige in april of this year. being pregnant again after a miscarraige is exciting in the fact that i really want another baby but scared because i dont want to have another miscarriage. i really dont want to have another miscarriage. is it likly to have one after having one??

jessicajane1024

Asked by jessicajane1024 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• THis is a tough questions. After my miscarriage my doc said that there usually is not a higher chance of miscarriage. Really it is the same chance with every pregancy. My advice, be thankful and happy. Try not to stress. MAny women have had healthy pregnacies after a m/c! Good luck!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm pregnant about to have my second child. I miscarried at 12 weeks back in February and got pregnant again mid March. Don't worry too much!

.mandabear.

Answer by .mandabear. at 8:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't know how true it is, but I've recently found out that taking omegas decreases the chance of a miscarriage. I definately believe in Red Raspberry. I believe it saved my last pregnancy, I had bleeding that lasted off and on from 6-8 weeks, from the placenta peeling off a little bit, I starting taking red raspberry at 8 weeks, which is a tonic for the placenta,and the bleeding stopped. I went on to have an amazing, beautiful, gifted little girl. Good luck.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 11:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't worry I had a healthy child followed by 1 miscarriage, followed by 2 more healthy babies and i'm about to have my 4th child in 3 weeks.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I had a miscarriage when I was 20, so I can relate to how you must feel.. It took me a long time to get back to myself, and I still struggle with it occasionally. My daughter was born not quite two years later. My pregnancy with her was as good as you get (hardly any morning sickness, perfectly healthy), and she is amazing.. She's smart & healthy & beautiful.. and going to be a big sister in July! I truly hope you the best, good luck! If you are worried about it, talk to your doctor. Mine prescribed me prometrium, which I'm pretty sure was to ensure that my hormone levels stayed up.
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Insist they check your hormone levels, If progesterone is too low, then insist they give you a progesterone shot.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• this is hard my first pregnancy I had a miscarriage.
    My second I had a healthy boy
    My third I had twins a boy and a girl
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thank you everyone so much!! i truly thank each and every one of you!! im still worried but your all right i cant worry about something i cannot handle!! im pretty sure everything will be okay!!! its just a scary though u know?!? thank you everyone:))
    jessicajane1024

Comment by jessicajane1024 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010