lip balm

i am 21 weeks pregnant n my lips have been soooooo dry over the last few weeks my doctor told me to use a plain petrolleum jelly but seems to make it worst n make them crack n hurt, what or is there anything i can buy to help this issue? its so bad i have to keep a damp towel or ice to moist my lips throughout the day n at night i keep waking up just to put something on them.

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• personaly I like petroleum jelly for my lips, but we like softlips too
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'd suggest using the neosporin lip treatment stuff (sold next to chapsticks in health section)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry you're having issues.. I get that. I hate dry lips. First off, don't lick them. That makes it worse. Something really with moisturizers with Vitamin E and all. Even carmex. I wish you lived nearer I'd get you something just for your own comfort. Is it that dry where you are? Do you have an underlying health issue? Missing a vital herb or vitamin? Otherwise are you healthy? I hope so. Sending my care!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Pure shea butter is good. I hate petroleum jelly, it dries my skin out. You can get pure shea butter at most health food stores. Don't get the crap shea butter they sell at most stores that has all kinds of other crap added to it. Just 100% pure shea butter (warning, it doesn't smell good!)
    .mandabear.

Answer by .mandabear. at 8:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I had the same problem so I had some people suggest for me to use Burt's Bees lip balm.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Blistex works great
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I prefer Aquaphor, it's amazing I use it for everything lips, feet, baby bums. It seems to be the only thing that works against the dry Colorado air.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• carmex and a humidifier
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• The only thing that works on my lips is the Burt Bees replenishing lip balm. It comes in a pomegranate flavor and is the most hydrating thing I've ever used! I bought it when my lips were sooo dry they were cracked and bleeding and I needed relief so bad. It helped almost immediately and that's all I use now :)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Burt's Bees is GREAT! and there's no crap in it. Petrolleum doesn't put moisture back in, it's more like a sealer.
    JoyXtwo

Answer by JoyXtwo at 11:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010