Why do people get so upset if someone doesn't feel the same way they do about homosexuality?

I see so many ppl get so bent out of shape.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because it is a touch subject for some people.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• And there are some people who have a hard time allowing other people to have an opinion that differs from theirs.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• For the same reason people get upset about hatred aimed towards Blacks or Women... Those who hold the hate are passionate about it, and they have to be or they couldn't hold on to it. Those who don't hold those beliefs are passionate about squashing the hate and earning everyone equality... Really, it's that simple... If we look at EVERY SINGLE rights movement we see the same passion on both sides... Be it race, gender, religion... there has to be passion on both sides or there is no "movement" and whether or not people want to admit it, this is a rights movement just like any other...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Because I get bent out of shape about all kinds of discrimination.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i think people sometimes get bent because they are scared
    scared of what..i do not know.
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes, because many times it is personal....I have family who are gay and I see how attitudes hurt them.......and since a percentage of the population are born gay, it is the norm and people should not be marginalized for being who they are....
    Anonymous

• Shouldn't you try to see where the other person is coming from. You are passionate about what you believe why cant they?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm not talking about hating someone but not agreeing with the practice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My personal view from my personal experiences.. Nothing more, nothing less.

The people I have experienced & know. Do not get upset that someone's opinion of homosexuality in and of itself differs from theirs. They become upset when someone wants to deny them equal rights in this land of equality solely based on the fact that a person is homosexual.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Because some people are very short sighted and can't see anything past their own logic.... so if they figure it's wrong/right then it must be that way and it's up to them to set everyone else straight.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010