has anyone been the woman that said "my man would never cheat- 100% sure" only to find out he did

sure is easy to trust your man 100% ..... until

i mean no one says i trust him, he has never, but maybe he would some day
every woman starts out as a 100% trusting woman - don't they?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 8:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope. But then my DH knows he has a free pass to sleep with someone else should he choose to, I don't see it as cheating if he doesn't hide it from me. So I have no reason not to trust him...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yep.. I would fit that description..

16 years ago.. I would have sworn to anyone, anywhere at anytime that my husband (at that time we had been married 9yrs) would never cheat on me.. He would never because: 1) He never had time he was working 2 jobs at the time......2) he just didn't have it in him he could never do such a thing to his family..............3) Who would want him, I mean we faught all the time, I wasn't happy with him so why would any other woman be........... Well the joke was on me. He did. He had a drunken one night stand with a co-worker. Even came home with his drunk self and confessed.. During the reconcilliation/recover over the next few years. I learned how much my own actions contributed to the totale destruction of our marriage that had happened BEFORE he cheated. His cheating didn't ruin our marriage, it was ruined before then. We were just in denial.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• A woman just knows her man as the years go by my first marrige ws bc we were young and dumb and now I know my man that I have now will not I just feel it.
    Anonymous

• No, haha, I wouldn't put cheating past anyone, man or women! I have never and will never trust anyone 100%, I would rather be prepared then let down. That doesn't mean I am constantly on guard and thinking he is cheating, it just means if it were to happen it wouldn't knock me off my chair!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No. My mom said all men cheat so that was my philosophy until I grew up and found out that not all men cheat. Many do so I'd never say mine wouldn't. Of course that's why I believe in open relationships. Hard to cheat in those.
    Anonymous

• i stopped trusting my soon to be ex hubby when i found a picture of his step brother's wife while she was naked...he hid the picture behind my photo albums thinking i wouldnt look there....my son loves to look at pictures so one day i pulled out the albums and then jayden pulled the last album off the shelf and the picture fell on the floor! oh buddy!!! he comes home from work and i confronted him about it and he played the dumb game with me....so i told him i was gonna throw it away and he said he didnt care,so i grabbed my lighter and burnt the picture right in front of him and he freaked out!! thats the day i stopped trusting him!!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I made that mistake.
    Straight out of HS and following my parents religious beliefs, I enrolled in a baptist college. Met the man there and because he was training to be a pastor, I trusted him completely. I made sure I did everything 'right': waited till we were married to do it, went through the church's marriage course, even waited a year to try for a child. A year and a half after her birth I went to stay with his sister for three days to help with her third child's birth. Came home and he was late coming home from work, I didn't think anything of it. Next day he came home from work and said he was in love with another woman, packed his stuff up and left. Later found out he had spent those three days at a coworker's house and that was who he was leaving me for.
    I have learned my lessons and I'm very happy things turned out the way they did.
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I was and still am that woman, I thought he was the one. I was so sure he was finally my fairy tale ending. I was wrong. He was and still is cheating on me with many different people, including men.
    I feel like such a loser. We were done, sooooo done and I was gonna go back to my home state when I found out I am pregnant and he begged me to stay so he could be a father to his baby. So here I am lonely and depressed wondering how I could be so wrong. But I do believe he will be a good daddy just never a good husband.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• honestly, at this point in time i dont feel my husband would cheat on me because i know in his heart that hes happy with me. now maybe at a future date it wont be like this and he will, but i even told him a couple months ago that if i somehow found out he has been cheating on me for awhile i couldnt even be mad because he was so sneaky i'd have to first applaud him :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Feel it or not, we are all human and have strengths and weaknesses. My parents were married for 33 years and it was a TOTAL shock to everyone when they divorced. I have to say, my dad was the one man in the world that NO ONE would suspect of cheating and to this day he denies it. But my mom has proof of it and his and his gf's meeting timeline doesn't add up. We know they are full of it, but so be it. He's human, if he cheated he did. No one is above being tempted, and even the most ethical person can have a moment of weakness and make a mistake. It happens, and we never know a person's actions in the future and we can know someone but never be 100% positive someone will NOT do something just based on trust and the length of time you know them. People can slip up at ANY time in their lives.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 5:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010