I am so bored

Im going out of my mind, boys are grown and gone now, I just dont know what to do. I think Im going crazy,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say I wrote that but I have one boy and two girls, grown and gone...and I'm bored, too!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Me personally.

I'm having the complete opposite "empty nest" experience. I'm having an amazing time. It's like getting my second wind.. lol

I'm either always out and about doing things that I want to do when I want to do them. or . My husband and I are out and about doing things together. I go to the library, to the art museum, to art galleries, try out new restaurants, go to plays, go to the opera, go to Powell's for author readings/signings, go to concerts... and so many other things.. I view this time in life (I"m 48 my hubby is 49) as 'Our time" this is the time where we get to do whatever we want whenever we want. This is our time to go out and experience new things together, to have all those private moments that were difficult to have when our son was growing up. Also, this time is time for me to explore and expan myself, for me to do for me, for me to live for me and enjoy for me. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• sounds like you need a hobby! scrapbooking is fun,yoga is fun.get into painting,or cooking classes.....do something to keep your head outta the clouds....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• get a part time job....it will give you some extra cash, let you meet new people, give you a sense of accomplishment and independence, and occupy some of your time....find a hobby that you truly enjoy or join a group of people with similar interests or a class...you can make friends, learn new skills, and it can be very theraputic while keeping you busy....if you have the money, take trips to interesting places that you would never otherwise go. do some reasearch online and find places like Gullah Island (where i've always wanted to visit) that are off the beaten path, historical, and full of culture.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010