Would you like a gift like this?

Ok, we are kinda broke, so we are not buying a lot for Christmas this year. However, we have a rather large family and we will get everyone something. I was thinking, get all of the women on my list a gift bag that has some hand lotion, a pumice stone, a bath pouf, toe separators, some home made candy, home made cookies, and hot chocolate mix. For the men, I was thinking tobagins, hankerchiefs, beef jerky or summer sausage, and some home made candy, cookies. What do you ladies think? Is that good enough? Or should I do something elese?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 8:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• I think that sounds wonderful! If someone gave me something like that with so much thought put in it I would feel so loved. Great idea A.Perry!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• sounds very nice to me.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 8:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sounds like more than enough =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• The gift bags sound very nice. It IS the thought that counts and I'm sure your family is aware of the financial constraints you have. I think gift bags are fun to put together.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think that is a great idea!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Nice...we just do a framed family photo and a tin of cookies for everyone besides me, dh and sd.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'd enjoy it!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sounds great!

My family (my brothers and sister) agreed to not exchange gifts anymore due to everyone's lack of extra money. My husband's family is big, there are 7 kids and all but one is married and they all have at least 2 kids. They have always drawn names for everyone. Sometimes they decide to go by families, sometimes by individuals and sometimes as couples and then all the kids draw names too.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• that sounds absolutely perfect
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't know anyone who wouldn't like those gifts!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010