I was wondering for those moms like me who are not sure what to feed our 15-17mth old babies, what do you feed your for breakfast? i stayed for a while on babycereal but i thought there was more fat in adult oatmeal, and he like it. a gerber email suggested we keep them on this cereal till 2 yrs!

Do any of you still feed your baby infant cereal after they turned 1?

nancy35

Asked by nancy35 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• iv been feeding my 15 month old regular food since he was 12 months old, nothing he can choke on tho. i didnt know u had to keep them on the baby stuff til 2!!!! oops.
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 11:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My 16 month old loves eggs and ham for breakfast. With some OJ. It gives her the energy she needs to get started in the morning. :) She refuses to eat baby food or the infant cereal any more...She stopped eating those at about 11 months. ;) Good luck!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i didn't, i started introducing things like waffles, pancakes, french toast sticks, regular toast with jelly, eggs, oatmeal. you should go by your child, and try things in stages, and only try 1 new thing per day so if there is an allergic reaction you know what caused it
    momof2andloveit

Answer by momof2andloveit at 11:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We used it until we ran out, but we mostly used it to thicken things up like applesauce (my mil made some that turned out like soup) and yogurt. My son just turned 19 months, but for the past 5 or 6 months he has been getting either adult oatmeal, a nutrigrain bar, a pancake and fruit, an eggo and fruit, or adult cereal (he likes shredded wheat) for breakfast.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 11:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I just wanted to add... Gerber just recommends that because of the DHA, and to sell more products. Your doctor will most likely tell you that it is completely unnecessary.

supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 11:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My son is only 11 months but I actually stopped feeding him infant cereal at 6 months... He hated it and it seemed to give him gas and cramps so his Dr. said it was fine to stop and just give him baby food or table food...Anyways... his breakfast is usually one of the following... either a cereal bar, muffin, waffle, or pancake WITH diced fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese.

MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 12:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My daughter stopped eating baby food when she was 9 months old (except formula). She has fruit for breakfast with oatmeal, eggs, cereal, pancakes, etc. She is in great health.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• At his age, he can pretty much eat anything that you eat, as long as it's not a choking hazard (or peanut butter). Let him experiment with ALL kinds of foods and have fun with it!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My DD has been eating "normal" food since around 9-10 months, ditched the bottle just before a year. She started eating scrambled eggs at around 9 months, now likes fried egg sandwiches. She also loves nutri-grain bars of all flavors except apple. She eats regular oatmeal almost every day, though. It's good for her, it's easy, and she loves it with a little natural sugar and milk.. Yeah, I give my kid sugar and her teeth are great, she brushes them regularly and she eats a LOT of veggies, so I don't want to it from all the naysayers about sugar. She also sometimes refuses all of this, so sometimes she gets hashbrowns, cinammon rolls, PB&J, biscuits and gravy... I just try anything and everything and it seems to be opening up her tastebuds CONSTANTLY. Even if she says no this week, next week may be different. Also, of course Gerber reccomends that- they want your MONEY!
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 5:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My DD has been eating everthing that I have eaten since about 9 months old! She refused to eat baby food, cereal or anything that was considered baby...lol. Now she is 20 months old and eats cereal like cheerios and milk, and she likes eggs, and sometimes tofu in her eggs!
    sent4u5041

Answer by sent4u5041 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008