What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

I don't know why I did this to myself, but I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my family for the first time and I don't know what I'm doing or what I should make!

So it would be really helpful if you can tell me what your favorite dish is so I can get some ideas! Thanks!

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• TURKEY ... I love it so much that we bought an extra 25 pound turkey just for the 4 of us lol...

but you can just do a thanksgiving meal ideas search on yahoo or google and i am sure it will help you come up with some things...

the traditional meals and things like stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, etc.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Good Luck on that! Yay. Aren't you brave? I Love my MIL's Stuffing.. Its not like any I've ever had!! For thanksgiving I like, Turkey, (Have to use a Reynolds baking bag.), Stuffing, mashed potatoes and Gravy, and sweet potatoes. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie and Jelled Cranberries. That's what I like!!! Good Luck to You!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My Dad's Dressing withTurkey gravy. I have tried to make it but it just doesn't taste the same.
    tag1964

Answer by tag1964 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Cornbread dressing, can't stand boxed stuffing. Another favorite is cranberry relish and you can't forget the green bean casserole!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Stuffing is my favorite - and nothing fancy, just the pepperidge farm kind with nothing added

i'm boring.
    Anonymous

• Besides the turkey, my favorite is "Green Bean Casserole for People Who Don't Like Green Bean Casserole" LOL! Long name, but super good.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 9:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Stuffing!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yep, the Stuffing!
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Our family Turkey dinner has Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, nibblet butter corn, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls. Then the desserts. The person host does the main meal and the rest of the family coming brings either a dessert or and appetizer. Hope this help, good luck it is fun to do.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Green Bean casserole (saw another post about it) and stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer
    KristensMoM305

Answer by KristensMoM305 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010