Are you, or anyone you know, voting/not voting for Obama b/c he is half-black?

Honesty is all I ask for. I am interested in getting a ballpark figure of the numbers here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• nope, don't care what color he is. I'd vote for him even if he was purple with polka dots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• no color issue for me or anyone I know just want whats best for the country. Obama
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 11:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nobody in my circle of friends (or myself) is not voting for him based on his color. We are not voting for him on his policies, issues, and lack of experience. We are voting McCain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Actually, you'd have to be sure and ask Democrats this question. Republicans generally vote for republicans so it wouldn't matter if Obama was a girl, a boy, a toad, pink or purple. Dem's don't usually break up their votes. Only goofey republicans do (as in very conservative Rep. who run independent, thus causing a division of our votes.) (and btw, i'm republican.) So if you are wanting to get responses that are more scientific, direct this question to the Dems. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I voted for Obama becuase he is white..J/K hahaha. Seriously I voted for Obama becuase I believe he is what is right for our country right now. Period.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm not voting for Obama b/c I don't think he knows what the hell he's doing, but I know a couple people who are voting for him strictly b/c they want to see a "black" man in office. I also know some white people who won't vote for him simply b/c he's not white.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't know anyone who is voting for him because of his color. I do know several who are NOT voting for him because of his color, however..
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My vote has nothing to do with race.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Really, this has been covered. The overall consensus it that color doesn't matter. People are or are not voting for him for other reasons.
    Anonymous

• he's black?
    Anonymous