what would you do?

So my brother and his wife separated a few years ago and she moved to another state, cheated on my brother with this other guy got pregnant and had his baby...

My niece will be 5 in september and will be starting school. Her mom wrote my family on fb saying that her birthday is 6 days after the cut off date and that she "has" to put her in private school but she can't afford it and she needs $2,500 by the time school starts.

I think it's a load of crock and if that were my son i'd be down and the school or the school board fighting to get my daughter in school b/c she seriously can't afford to put her into private school and she's not behind or anything. She has been going to pre-school for 2 yrs and shows no signs of being "behind". She's asking everyone to donate what she can but I told my brother i'm not giving her any money b/c if she can't afford it now she wont be able to in the future and once her son starts school

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she needs to make the man who got her prego help pay for school. if he cant and she still cant she needs to do home school so her kid doesnt get behind. Dont give her money
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 9:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Ok so i finally found a link that has all the dates from state to state and Oregon's cut off is Sept 1 and her bday is the 7th

again what would you do?
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• She may have to wait till the next year to get her daughter into school.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• that's why she was asking people to help her raise the money b/c she doesn't want her daughter to be a year behind she says she's "advanced"
    Parkers_Mommy8

Comment by Parkers_Mommy8 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't send the money, if the school cut off says she can't go, then she can't go I guess and will have to wait until next year. It's up to the mother and father to pay for those things, not grandparents, and aunts and uncles..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nobody "has" to put their child in a private school. If she chooses to then SHE can pay for it or come up with proof that the kid "HAS" to.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010