What are your views on polygamy relationships?

I'm some how "obsessed" with the new TV show Sister Wives. I am constantly watching it.

I'm so engrossed in it, but at the same time I'm like, "HOW THE HECK CAN THESE WOMEN AGREE TO THIS!?"

Maybe there is just something I'm not seeing, but I could NEVER let the man I love go off with another woman, and have my consent. It just wouldn't happen. It's not even an option.

Please keep in mind, I'm not trying to bash anyone, it's just my personal opinion and it wouldn't fly with my husband!! I'm just asking...

I'm curious to see who accepts these relationships and who's aganist them? Why or why not?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• that's not marriage. Marriage should be between 2 adults only. if they want to live a polygamous lifestyle,marriage shouldn't be included for any of the individuals

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm not going to tell someone else how to live their life, but I can't imagine sharing what I have between my husband and me with another man or another woman. But I guess live and let live.
    littlepeanut21

Answer by littlepeanut21 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've always been "for" them. I don't understand how anyone could be against them. However I think there is a lot of stigma attached to them, especially after recent years and things like the FLDS crack down where they were forcing children in to marriage - but that is NOT Polygamy it's an excuse for Pedophilia and little more... True Polygamy is simply a marriage including more than two people, Plural Families (as they are more properly called) can have more than one wife, more than one husband or a combination of these... I've even seen cases where there were equal numbers of men & women. These are happy & healthy relationships and studies (in the US mind you) have shown that Plural Families have a lower divorce rate, lower infidelity rate and a stronger family life.

Personally I find it upsetting that ANYONE feels they have the right to choose how someone elses marriage should be experienced... The human heart has no limits

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm all for it, so long as it's EQUAL meaning that the man can have another wife, and the women can have another husband. Sabrina and I seem to be on the exact same page with this, so I won't go into more details since she's covered it all already.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think it is their business. I wouldn't do it but, it is not a culture I was raised in. They are supportive of their children's goals and at least their marriage is working with a divorce rate of 60% in this country.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm the jealous type so i couldn't do it. But if people are happy in their lives in their relationships who am I to say that it's wrong?
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 9:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it.
    If all parties agree to it, and none of the families are on welfare (meaning they are able to support themselves) I don't see why any person should be restricted to only one spouse.

Not really MY thing. But i don't have an issue with other people doing it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I don't get how they can be ok with it, but I figure to each his own, right?
    Except that they involve the children in their crazy lifestyle and that's not cool to me 'cause the kids are the ones that feel like freaks ya know?
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, marriage is between one man and one woman sharing private things between them. If you want to date and have different people, that's called dating!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I am against it - could not and would not ever be in that type of relationship for many reasons.
    chenbru

Answer by chenbru at 6:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2010