What would you guys suggests for stretch marks?? I got some palmers cocoa butter stuff. But jw if there is ne thing better??

I am 20 and this is my first child!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• Honestly, I think it depends on your genes. I used Palmers with all 3 of my pregnancies, and I never got a stretch mark, but my mom didn't and neither did either of my grandmothers. I've heard Vitamin E oil works well, and make sure you stay hydrated! Drink tons of water! Its good for you and your skin!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have used a newer lotion by Curel. Its called Pregnancy and Motherhood. It it super thick and keeps your skin moist all day. This is my first child also and I am 33 weeks and have not gotten a single stretch mark. My mom got really bad ones so Im guessing this lotion is working. I hate the way Palmers smells and wont use it!
    pattiandellie

Answer by pattiandellie at 3:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was told olive oil works really well (you use it like lotion). Idk, I didn't use it and now I wish I had...and I'm only 6 months *sob*
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I used baby oil after every shower while my skin was still wet so it could absorb (and then walked around for a few minutes with no shirt on so it wouldn't rub off) and palmers cocoa butter everynight before bed. Not a single stretchmark! I was 19 when I got pregnant so you being young too is good because you still have natural oils in your skin to moisturize it vs someone older. Oh and I don't know how far along you are but start early because then your skin will be exposed to the moisture for a while by the time the baby gets bigger and your skin begins to stretch.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Tummy Butter! Twice a day. 30 wks with #2 and no stretch marks either pregnancy. I used it with my first as well.
    paw3884

Answer by paw3884 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i didn't use anything. i got a few low stretch marks, but they have faded. drink water all the time, and your skin should stay hydrated enough.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008