I have a 2 week old who seems to be starving all the time should i add cereal to his formula?

I've been told by people in my family that it will fill him up and he won't be hungry all the time...

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 9:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• At 2 weeks? No. It's not good for a child that young, their digestive systems are not ready for that. It's perfectly normal for a 2 week old to eat often and does NOT mean that they need cereal.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 9:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Definitely not.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no don't do that. you can do that after 12weeks. your babys belly can digest that yet and lets just say you wont sleep lol.
    try feeding him half a bottle, burping him then finish feeding him the rest. it worked with my dd. and make sure he doesnt fall asleep when you feed him, he wont get full if he falls asleep while eating.

good luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No. Maybe you can feed him cereal from a bowl with a spoon when he is 4 or 5 months old. Never add cereal to his bottle.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No 2 weeks is definitely too soon for this.. If you wanted to, just increase the amount you put in the bottle by a little bit and go from there, but not TOO much.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• no
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No. It's too soon. Plus, you should not put cereal in a bottle. 

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would try a tiny bit in a bowl and add a little formula. I did with my 3 children. Each at different stages, two weeks might be little early though. I did with my first when he was about 4 weeks. The others I think I started at the like 3 weeks. There are some that are easier on the digestive system. I always started by using barley cereal. Just my opinion. Hopefully it will work. I know it is hard being sleep deprived. My first child didn't sleep all night until he was 6 month old and one month later he was teething. My second child slept all night at 3 months, I was sooo happy. My last child slept all night when she was 2 1/2 month old. I am so glad I am finished, other than the occasion nightmare. Good Luck.
    terriella

Answer by terriella at 10:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2010