my son says he sees people in the corner of the room...anyone ever had or is having this confusion?

ever since my son was 2 years old he has told me about this guy that he sees...he said that the guy is always standing in a corner of the room watching him play,and watching him fall asleep...i believe that there are spirits,and other forms out there in the world but here is what scares me...one night my son woke up screaming! i ran to him and asked what was wrong and he said his back is burning...i turned the light on and his back had scratches that stated from the nape of his neck down to his lower back! i was scared for him so i had him sleep with me...i still dont know how this happened to him,i checked his windows and they were all locked,nothing on his bed could hav done that,he didnt fall on the floor...ive been confused ever since...he is 4 now and still sees this "guy" every so often....

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've been able to see "people" since I was a young child as well, my oldest can as well. For parents who can't or don't understand what's going on it can be a very scary thing, especially when the child is so young. You said "ever since he was 2" how old is he now? If he has a "gift" it's something he's going to have to learn to live with, but it can be harnessed and used for positive, however, it's hard to learn that kind of thing until he's a little older. I would say, the first thing you need to do is make him understand that even though YOU can't see anything, you understand he can, him knowing he is believed and that he has your support will help him to keep the line of communication open and help to enforce a positive view of his "gift" over all. Secondly, I would say talk to him, see if he can give you details, he may be being contacted because someone/thing needs help.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Those of us with "gifts" tend to stand out to those in the spirit world because we can see or hear them. Once they know that, they come to us... If you can get some information about who is contacting him you may have a better idea of what is going on. If he can't give you details, start to look in your home & area and see what answers you can get there.

If you can do a "cleansing" if you don't know how or don't feel you would be the best person to do it, there are lots of groups out there that will. Keeping the area "clean" of negativity is always a benefit, especially if there is someone with "gifts" in the home.

And if you can, I would find someone locally who has similar gifts as your son or who better understands them. This way you can have someone help the BOTH of you as you learn to deal with this...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sounds as if someone/thing is attached to him. Honestly, depending on your beliefs, I would seriously consider cleansing/blessing your home and child. Surround your home and him with a healing white light. Burn salt and tell anyone who can hear you to go to the light. Get some holy water and sign the cross on every door, wall, floor, bed,etc in the name of the father son and holy spirit. Then call a priest. Good spirits don't do bad things.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'd believe him.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Very scarry. I'm not sure what to think! I just got the chills! Good Luck!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• By the way, I do agree in gifts but I also feel it is important to help benevolent spirits move on and keep our guard up against malevolent ones.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Infants and children are strongly connected to the Other Side because they have so recently been there as spirits, before their birth. The man in the corner sounds like the visions I used to see of my guardian spirit (or angel if you prefer). It would stand in the doorway of my room or my closet or at the foot of my bed, not moving. His protection kept me safe as I slept. There seems to be something your son needs protecting from, especially if he is being injured. Those with strong psychic gifts are often targeted by negative spirit beings when they are children and more vulnerable. Make a water and salt mixture and spray it in the corners of his room and in the space under and around his bed. This should drive off any negative energy. Pray to your god--or to the Archangel Michael--to remove the negative spirits and give your son protection.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure how much help they will be, but here are some sites for you to check out...

http://peeksgroup.com/ - Psychic Kids Support Group
    http://www.perceptivechildren.org/ - Perceptive Children Support Forum
    http://www.suite101.com/content/raising-psychic-children-a207723 - Raising Psychic Children on Suite 101
    http://www.helpforsensitives.com/ - Help for Sensitives

I would also say check something like YahooGroups or Meetup for Psychic or "gifted" groups in your area that may have people who can help you.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I believe you,but it depends on what your beliefs are.Kid and animals are more prone to the spirit world.Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have the gift of "Discrning of Spirits". I've seen and felt the presence of both evil spirits and Heavenly Angels. If there is one spirit there are more. I've been harmed by evil spirits before. Do whatever you need to do to get rid of them or more will probably be coming.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2010