What about a *shrug* button?

We have *Vote Up* and *Vote Down*. But it seems to me that some gals really like being voted down for their disparaging remarks. So, what about a *shrug* button? Mainly, I'm just joking. Obviously, better than shrugging would be to ignore offensive folks altogether. But how will they know they are being ignored, if we don't shrug them? Ah, the Catch-22 of it.

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 9:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• the downvote button is more like a shrug button.. after 7 downvotes (that aren't countered by upvotes), the post is hidden, which is why you are encouraged to downvote bad and negative posts.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If we took the time to click on a "shrug" button,  we wouldn't really be ignoring them. 

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• *sigh* I know.
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I sometimes forget that there are the UP and DOwn votes...it only seems important to vote someone UP when I really agree with them. ANd if a person is being really rude,I vote DOWN.
    But I forget that so often.
    "Shrug" would be my way of saying "I don't care", I guess.LOL. It would be handy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thanks, HazelDove! I did not know that is how down votes worked. But, now that you mention it, I have seen some that were hidden. Cool!
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• When I don't vote, it's the same as a shrug.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You're right, it's a catch 22.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010