Black mommies-I have a hair question!

I did a relaxer re-touch that didn't take well, and my hair is still a bit nappy. Can I redo the relaxer touch-up without damaging my hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Chris Rock is a comedian.

If you like the way you look with your hair straight, straighten it.

Most women, of all races, do things to alter what God gave them -- their hair texture (straight to curly, nappy to curly, curly to crimped) or color, their nose, contacts in their eyes, special "body shaper" underwear, and (of course) make up.

Black women are just as entitled to alter their looks as any other women. Just be safe, and consider the health of your hair -- and skin, and everything else. :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• NO absolutely not you will damage your hair more or even worse cause it to fall out, you unfortunately just have to wait the 4-6 weeks out. Use plenty of moisturizers and you might want to invest in an electric pressing comb not 1 that you heat on the stove and a good pair of flat irons.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 10:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you are supposed to wait at least 6 weeks before putting in more relaxer. Most people wait only 4 weeks (monthly). I cut all the relaxer out my hair January this year (2010) and it was the best desicion I ever made. It was very short a few weeks but then grew like a wildfire. Now it's almost shoulder length and I love it. I now believe we should let our hair grow from our heads naturally as G-d intended. Not manipulated with chemicals. Did you see Chris Rock's Good Hair?

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Oh...that sounded a little harsh.

Sorry keisha613 - I didn't intend to criticize you. Your hair choices are as valid as anyone else's. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010