are your kids helpful when it comes to chores?

my 4 year old loves to mop,sweep,vaccume,help cook,wash clothes,dry clothes,and fold clothes....he is so helpful....i used to be the same way but i loved doing dishes when i was his age and now i hate it with a passion....im worried he might turn out the same way...

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They are, yes .. young children like to do what their parents are doing, it's one way that they learn. They feel really good when they can do "big people stuff" like matching socks or running the vacuum. Sure, sometimes I've had to spend time showing them how to do a task and other times I've had to go behind and "fix" the job they did, but it's all worth it. It's a valuable part of development and learning.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My 4 year old can be helpful when she wants to be.She does like to vacuum and feed the cats and dogs.And if she sees me straightening up the house she sometimes will help.I think she is starting to do better.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 9:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• my 3.5 yr old loves to help! Sometimes it's more of a hinferance, but most of the time it's nice
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yep, they sure are.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My 4 almost 5 year old makes her bed every morning, she picks up all her and her sisters clothes in the bathroom and bedroom every night. She cleans her playroom and helps me with anyhing I need her to. She is always asking to help.
    3jewlz

Answer by 3jewlz at 8:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i wouldn't worry, as long as your LO is having fun now... someday if/when they do hate chores they will be old enough to understand that it needs to be done.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010