Do you think its wrong for young (15) year old curious boys to look at porn and would you punish your child for it if you caught them watching it or downloading porn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, I don't have any sons...all girls......but if I caught my son, I think I would be shocked but I wouldn't punish him or make a big deal of it....it could cause him to feel shame. I would however, if I caught him...just close the door or walk away. He will know he's been busted. Then when you can....talk to him about how you don't approve of him looking or watching that kind of stuff but you understand that he is curious but to be more careful next time. Ahhh...our kids just grow up too fast!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with the previous answer. Why would you punish a person for exploring their feelings?
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 12:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i have a young daughter but i think you should definately punish them. they have to know thats not something that you acccept.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• When my 15 yo was younger -I think it was 12!-we found that he had been looking at porn on the internet and told him it was not acceptable, he was too young. Now that he is older my dh has convinced my that every teen boy is curious and I just remind him that porn is all staged, and real sex is usually NOT like the porn. I don't like it, but we cannot stop hormones and curiosity.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would not punish him but i would have a talk with him, let him know it is ok to be curious but
    at his age he needs to think af other ways to pass his time,talk to him about the birds and the bees if you have'nt done that yet.Ask him questions mke him feel confortable to talk to you about things, ask him what interest him about porn you have to know because curiosity can lead to other things.
    jeadra

Answer by jeadra at 12:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Are you kidding me? A 15 year old looking at porn? Why is this even a question? Disgusting and inappropriate IMO.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Not to be rude...but it's a question because it was asked.....Disgusting and inappropriate to you maybe...but it happens. We has parents should never think that OUR OWN children..OMG...couldn't be doing this or that, seeing this or that, saying this or that.....it can happen and it does happen...even for parents who know or think they know everything about their children...WE DON"T.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would have a problem if it was on a family computer. Also, if it was very "hardcore" or absolutely terrible stuff (child porn), there would be a big problem. Other than that, there's really nothing to do.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with charisma10...if he was looking at child porn or GRAPHIC and mean something other then just naked ladies...I would reprimand your son and ground him from the computer for a while.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You need to keep a better eye on him. He should be grounded and should not be near a computer without parental supervision. He gets caught with this you will be in trouble.
    Anonymous