Do you scare yourself with the medical sites ?

I so need to stay out of those sites, I was looking up nose numbness, first said pinched nerve, then cancer.....

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 10:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Health

• No. All the psych classes don't scare me either. I have taken Abnormal Psych and learned about all kinds of mental health disorders and that doesn't even bother me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• No, not at all. I tend to do a large amount of research before making up my mind as to what I feel I should look for.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yeah thats why i dont go to them anymore :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yes i've stopped going on them. information that doctors give me scare me too. I have a 2 week old and when i was in the hospital they kept talking about SIDS so now i barely sleep because i'm always checking to make sure i can hear him breathing
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 10:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Several years ago I had a rash on my hand so I looked up the symptom and on a list of about 100 things I somehow convinced myself it was HIV (I think because it was the worse thing on the list.). I was not at high risk for ever contracting it but because it was there I made up some reason in my mind for it and literally went a year having panic attacks over it until I finally mustered up the courage to see the damn doctor. He laughed at me. And I was fine. Ever since then I don't look up symptoms online!!
    Anonymous

• I used to.Working hands on with patients at various stages of life and illness also would scare me about what happens to our body as we get sick and age. Sometimes ignorance is indeed bliss. Like if I get a cold sore and it's bad, I used to worry that the virus would get into my brain and cause herpes encephalitis. Life experiences were worse for me than any web site. I watched my mother die from colon cancer and any pain I get in my get, I used to think was cancer. I try not to think that way anymore.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010