my son perfers the couch or the floor when it comes to sleep...how can i change this?

for some reason since before me and my sons father split up he has only wanted to sleep on the floor or the couch...he very rarely wants to sleep in bed...i asked him y but he says he doesnt know....ive tried my hardest to make him sleep in bed but he just doesnt want to....so now i wait till he falls asleep and i put him in bed....am i wrong for doing this?

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no big deal my daughter loves the couch she is 4 of course i sleep there just so she wont fall off thats my fear when she sleeps on the couch i know she will sleep in her bed again when she is ready:)
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Just let him sleep on the couch or floor as long as he isn't in anyone's way. It is not a big deal. I sleep on my couch and my 14 yr old likes to sleep on the floor. It's really not a big deal at all. He will go back to his bed when he is ready.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i just dont wanna seem like a bad mom to people ya know? i guess some kids are like that....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• yep just let him do it.. my 4 year old did it for almost 2 years.. then one day we got him a "big"bed and he was alright.....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. You have to pick your battles and do what works for your family. If he wants to sleep on the floor, let him sleep on the floor. If some CM sanctimommy has a problem with it, that's on her.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• who cares what others think, he's not being harmed
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i just want to thank you all for your comments,they have helped me see that it is ok...
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Aww, let him sleep on the couch.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My son slept on the floor for months when he was afraid of being in his room. Dr friend has told us that the floor is actually good for your back. Don't worry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• my 2 year old LOVES to sleep on the floor... she'll fall asleep in her bed then eventually move to the floor,.. and no it's not her falling out... i don't worry as long as she's getting her rest, it's not going to hurt her.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010