how to respond?

How to respond to this from DH. "I am upset with you for doing _____ but I don't want to talk about it because you can do what you want to do."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• lol
    yes, been there
    he is trying the good old guilt trip / issolation tactic

depends what i did, sometimes i felt bad, sometimes i let him think i felt bad and giggled at his attempt when he left the room
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• "Well if you give me the right to do whatever I want, that's great but I don't give you the right to be upset about something you're not willing to discuss like an adult."
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• "Why bring it up if you are not willing to talk about it?'
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think I'd laugh at him. That's just ridiculous. But, then I'd be irritated for him not telling me what the hell I did that he's upset about. It's like saying 'I have a secret, but I'm not gonna tell!' I hate that!
    But, I do like the idea of making him feel worse for trying to make me feel bad. PP's are right, if he's not gonna act like an adult and talk about it, why bring it up in the first place?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'm with Raine. I think I've finally come to the place in my marriage where I could finally respond with a laugh and say, "Alright, thanks!" But if he still acted like he was mad at me, I'd corner him and MAKE him tell me. He would. My husband does the distance thing and then when I pressure him, he doesn't want to tell me because it will hurt me, and then I just tell him "Whether you tell me or not it's still hurtful because of the way you treat me, so you might as well tell me." Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My husband does this. I just tell him I appreciate your letting me be me and do as I want, however if it bothers you we can talk about it when you are ready.
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 3:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I LOVE ShouldHaveLeft's response! LMAO that's how I would respond.
    My first thought after reading your post is "God Men Can Be Such Dorks!"
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Been there, mine tells me that all the time trying to make me feel bad for something that I did and already feel bad about.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• OMG total emotional manipulation! Men can be so ridiculous. I vote for ShouldHaveLeft's repsonse.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2010