What do you love about your kid?

Ever notice that when you compliment a stranger on their child, they so often play it down? Example, "Your little guy is a charmer!" "Oh, he knows it!" (But you can tell the mother is pleased with the compliment.) What if we felt free to embrace all compliments? What do you love about your little one? I'll go first...

I love the way my little one (13 months) goes down to sleep so well 90% of the time.
I love her solemn gaze with her big blue eyes.
I love the way leans over and tilts her head to peer right into your face.
I love the way she grabs my hand, sticks a book in it, then climbs expectantly into my lap.

Airamana

Asked by Airamana at 10:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• i love his laugh and smile
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• His smile, his sense of humor, how smart he is, his creativity, the way he says "good morning mumma", when he makes up his own jokes, that he loves to read, that he's mine =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I love that he loves me so much and always wants me. I do play it down, but really, I am so glad we're so close. He's so loving, and I swear it's like we have our own little world that no one can quite understand. He can't even talk yet, and I swear we already have the same sense of humor. :)

I love that he looks like me (but way cuter), lol. He is the cutest baby I have ever seen, and I seriously feel that way. Secretly, I'm proud that everyone can SO tell he's my son. Oh, has the fattest cheeks and I LOVE it.

I love that he's so smart. He's only 13 months old, but he communicated and understands things so well. I can show him something once and he learns it.

Last, but not least...I love that he's mine. He's my own little piece of Heaven on Earth. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Their smiles and laughs, affection, bright lights... I love so very much about my babies!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Ahhhh... This is going to be good, I can already tell. I love hearing moms loving about their kids. Today, I heard a mom cuss at and tear down her child. Breaks my heart. This is good mending. Keep it coming, moms!!
    Airamana

Comment by Airamana (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• #1 I love her bright little face and the way it sometimes lights up and her crazy giggling.
    #2 I love her way with words and creative flair.
    #3 I love how she stops while nursing just to look up at me and smile.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i love her laugh
    i love how she has little words (speech delay) but can say 'thank you', 'yo welcome',' bless you' and the new one 'no thank you'
    she can give toys back to another child when i say it is not yours it is sally janes toy
    i love that she likes to dance
    i even love that she can not stand to hear me sing at all (autism thing)
    i love that she can make eye contact now
    and i will love the day when she says i love you mommy
    and i will love the day when she can say her name
    etc, etc, etc
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i love everything bout my baby boy i love him soooooooo much
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My daughter I love her sence of humor she is always trying to make me laugh she will tell me mom today my name is princess and will wear a crown all day even for naps, my husband works out of town so she always tells me sweetheart lets go to the store love that she calls me sweetheart, and she sings all the time shes just a pure slice of heaven, my son he is just the sweetest thing he always wants to be near me gives me kisses, hes very helpfull he has the sweetest little smile . Thanks OP because both of them were driving me batty today sometimes it good to see how blessed i am!wink mini

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• EVERYTHING
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010