I just scared the pants off my daughter

My daughters 3rd birthday was last Saturday and I bought her the leap frog Dog named Violet. It's a learning tool and you can connect to the your computer to set it up on what you want your child to learn and also you can get the dog to say your child's name. Well finally I was able to get it from her to set it up and I took it into her and pushed a button for it to talk and say her name. Her face fell the minute she heard her name and she screamed. I had to calm her down and reassure her the dog was not alive. Now 5 minutes later she keeps having the dog say her name, she loves it.
Any funny but yet sad stories you have about your kiddos and new toys?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my oldest son was a baby he got a little steering wheel that vibrated when both hands pressed on two buttons on the sides. He did it once and wailed!!! I couldn't even take the darn toy out of the toy box without him crying for months! He finally was able to play with it but like 6 months later.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• wow sharell me and my husband had the same toy and my son freaked out!

so we gave it to another family with a slightly older son who too was scared by it.....they gave it away! lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• for our son's first christmas we got him one of those ponies that is a head on a stick, if you pushed one ear it whinnied, if you pushed the other it sang a song. he freaked out big time, if he saw it in the room he would not come in the room, we had to hide it in the basement. it took 2 years for him to like it. he was 9 months old when we gave it to him first.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• too cute!! Of course I'm drawing a blank here....
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2010