For those against gay marriage for religious reasons...

I'm just curious, not bashing. If you're against gay marriage because the Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman then why are you concerned what others do if you know that you are following the Bible? The Bible also says that thou shall not commit adultry yet we see it everyday and I don't see anybody doing anything about it. If you know that you're not commiting a sin against God, than why are you worried if someone else does if it does not affect you in any way?

Like I said, I'm just curious not trying to start an argument even though I know it probably will. Maybe someone has an opinion out there that I never thought of so I'm just asking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Just because I don't personally agree w/ it, doesn't mean I'm concerned with what others do. Why do you make the assumption that I am?
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• this country was founded on the basis of Separation of Church and State. meaning that no religion should have say over laws and such. That's why I don't think it should be based on religious people's belief that it is wrong because their bible says it is. More people on this earth are non-Christian than are Christian.
    do Christians want to hold more Witch trials? I mean it says do not suffer a witch to live? NO they'd get opposed quicker than they can blink if they tried that one! Why are we letting them take over on the gay marriage issue?
    Anonymous

• the definition of marriage is:

• the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce); "a long and happy marriage"; "God bless this union"

• two people who are married to each other; "his second marriage was happier than the first"; "a married couple without love"

• the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony; "their marriage was conducted in the chapel"

• a close and intimate union; "the marriage of music and dance"; "a marriage of ideas"

• where does that say 1 man + 1 woman???

Anonymous

• Because if your'e fighting against it but not doing it and it has nothing to do with you personally, than it is being concerned with others.
    Anonymous

• KL- I think she means the ones that are trying to get it written into law (like Prop 8 in CA)
    Anonymous

• Well then, I think the question needs to be re-written to address those who are actually fighting against gay marriage being legal.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 12:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes thank you anon. @ 9:23 that's what I meant! As for KLBrown...chill. If you don't understand a question don't answer it.
    Anonymous

• Personally and I am just answering this to what I "think" is the answer here! I think the reason may be bc they are trying to bring people to God? By opposing it...like, winning the souls to God....does that make sense?
    Anonymous

• I do not agree with homosexuality as whole, not just them getting married. I am concerned with people knowing the truth about sin and homosexuality is a sin. I was born into sin just like everyone else and now that I know the Truth and have changed, it's my duty to tell others the Truth. Homosexual or not, everyone was creeated by God and I will still love them like Jesus does.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm against it because it's just plain wrong..religion has nothing to do with it!
    Anonymous