What do you think of Science of Mind?

Though many practitioners read the Bible, they do not "live by it". They have their own book that helps them to live by the Bible in todays world. They also empowert themselves and bless every situation they encounter. What a wonderful concept! Your thoughts?

cesarpup

Asked by cesarpup at 10:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Sorry, but I really know nothing about this, and your explanation is so brief and a little contradictory. How do they NOT live by the Bible, but they have another book that helps them live by the Bible? More info might help...
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Sorry about that. They live by a lot of the lessons that the Bible teaches, however, they do not take it literally.
    cesarpup

Comment by cesarpup (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• to me the BIBLE is all you need it has all the answers to any and everyth you need in this life time GOD created everyth even science and stored the knowledge in those who wrote the books
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think science and the Bible can coexist just fine, both work for me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That's an interesting idea. The truth is, there are many lessons in the Bible that are universal, and are taught by other religions, as well. In fact, when the supernatural qualities of the Bible are disregarded, and one looks at just the lessons it tries to impart, I think much of it can be viewed as Humanistic, or simply as common sense. It's the bizarre stories and contradictions that throw many people who were raised to believe the Bible, but ultimately just couldn't (like me, for example). I'll look into the "Science of Mind" to learn more about it. What I'm gleaning from your description, it sounds less "Hellfire and Brimstone" and more like "Love Thy Neighbor". That would sound good to me--of course, minus the whole deity-worshipping bit.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• LOL benk...that is EXACTLY what it is!!!!!
    cesarpup

Comment by cesarpup (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think Jefferson's Bible would fit well within this Science of Mind philosophy. It's interesting.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Is this different from Christian Science or Scientology? I've never heard of it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, it is different. This is where you can use the lessons of the Bible, you can take control of your life and surroundings, and you can bless every situation you find yourself in. Check out this site, it has a lot of information for you to check it out. I am also very new to this religion, but I feel like it is something I have been practicing my entire life.
    http://www.unitedcentersforspiritualliving.org/
    cesarpup

Comment by cesarpup (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• WHAT WE BELIEVE

We believe in God, the living Spirit Almighty; one, indestructible, absolute, and self-existent Cause. This One manifests Itself in and through all creation, but is not absorbed by Its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God; it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.

We believe in the individualization of the Spirit in Us, and that all people are individualizations of the One Spirit.

We believe in the eternality, the immortality, and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.

We believe that heaven is within us, and that we experience it to the degree that we become conscious of it.

We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete freedom from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.

We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
    cesarpup

Comment by cesarpup (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2010