Cramping

Hi everyone. This is my first pregnancy and I'm really lost on whats normal and whats not. I'm right at 7 weeks pregnant and experiencing cramps. The cramps dont double me over in pain, they just hurt and are quite annoying. They arent secluded to just one side, and they can last for several minutes and come back quite often during the day. Is this normal or should I be worried?

MommyCordial

Asked by MommyCordial at 10:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds pretty normal to me. You will feel it on and off the whole pregnancy. Your uterus is growing to accomidate your LO=] Good luck & Congrats mommy!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think this is usually called "round ligament pain". I had it a ton. Your body is just gearing up in there, making a baby from scratch, remodeling the interiors, making room. It's quite a racket in there. I felt it a lot just inside my pelvic/ hop bones on both sides, as cramps. Do you have "What to Expect When Your're Expecting"? It gave me pretty thorough sense of, well, what to expect! lo!!
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 10:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Thanks! I've just been super worried and havent been to the doctor yet. The earliest I could get in was the 29th this month.
    MommyCordial

Comment by MommyCordial (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've read about the round ligament pain, but of course when you're new to something, especially this, you're going to always think of the bad stuff first. Lol. Thats where I'm experiencing the cramps at. Also at the bottom of my stomach and where my "downstairs" meet. Before getting pregnant, I always saw that book at Walmart and various stores. Now, I cant seem to find it! Lol.
    MommyCordial

Comment by MommyCordial (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010