Crying after sex... adult content

Have you ever just sobbed after sex? Its happened to me a few times I have no idea why... I just feel like i did something i wasn't supposed to... even if I enjoyed it and it was the best sex ever... I feel scared, dirty and used... has anyone ever felt this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I've cryed but not for shame or dity, it just gets intense and emotional
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nope, can't say I have... I've had sex so bad I wanted to cry, but then I usually just laugh... Can't say I have EVER felt dirty or used because of sex... If you are feeling this way you need to rethink why you're doing it, because when you're doing it for the right reasons, this isn't normal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've cried before. But its more because it's just an overload of emotion. Not bad emotion, good emotion. It wasn't full on sobbing though, unless the sex hurt. Which, it has. I had surgery, which I thought fixed it, but apparently did not. Different story though.
    I don't know why you would feel scared, dirty and used though. Is the sex not with your hubby? Have you talked about this with him?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've cried DURING sex early on with DH because my body wasn't responding and I was so disappointed.

I think you should really examine these feelings. Do you feel shamed because you were taught that sex outside of marriage is bad? You need to decided what you believe about that and then act on that principal and not feel guilty. Or is it because your partner doesn't value you? Don't ever have sex with someone who doesn't value you. Or is it because you have been molested in the past? Definitely deal with that, seek professional help if you need to. Be proactive, because sex in a committed relationship can be one of the most rewarding experiences in life. ((hugs!))
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• that is certainly not normal and definately something you should speak to a therapist about...i would say there are some very serious issues that need to be addressed that none of us can help you with.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• My hubby loves and values me very much... we love making love to each other and we enjoy it very much so... This doesn't happen all the time. Its probably happened to me like 3 times in the 6 years that we've been together... I dont wanna say that I've been molested because I feel like the blurry memories that I have of being touched by one of my uncles, could be nothing but a dream or just something i am misinterpretating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You may not be far off base. My mom had memories come back all of a sudden after my cousin told her that my uncle had touched her when she was a kid. It all flooded back, and a lot of things made sense to her all of a sudden. We repress these things to protect ourselves, but they can manifest later in ways we don't understand. It's quite possible you've repressed memories of bad things. My first thought after reading your post was to ask whether you had ever been sexually abused. You might want to see a therapist to help you work through this one. Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've cried during sex but not out of shame. It's only happened once with my exhusband and once with current dh. Like with some of the other women, it was because of such an emotional overload.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It's normal to cry but not necessarily to feel dirty and used. Maybe you should talk with a therapist or something?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have cried from intense orgasms. It's not like a boohoo poor me cry, my eye's just start watering a lot & it just kind of makes me cry. Weird. I don't think DH has ever seen me cry while having the big O, i'd be very embarrassed.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010