Do you think there is a certain age that is to old to have a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• no i dont think so afer all Abrahams wife was 100 and somthing yrs old when she got pregnant
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• After menopause.
    Anonymous

• I would say 90 is definitely too old.
    Anonymous

• Oh, didn't mean to post anon. No, just being a pain, sorry...

I don't think I could say there is a set age. If someone was asking my advice, I would weight their age (over 35), their health, and their fertility (are they able to get pregnant naturally) and make a recommendation based on that. I think a person has to weigh their desire for a baby with the likelihood of that baby being healthy.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think 40+ is getting to be to old to have a baby
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I'ld say 45 because by the time they are in their teens, you really don't want nor have the energy to run around doing all the teenage stuff with them. Also, your being selfish because you're also cutting their time with their parents short. I mean we don't know how long were going to be here but if all goes well and you have a baby when you're 25 or 30, you can pretty much say you're going to be around to see grandchildren and enjoy the majority of your childs life but if you have one at 45, you're cheating them of allot of parent time.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I cringe for the kid when I see reports of a 60+ yr old giving birth. You just know they will be walking into thier kids graduation on a walker and people will be like is that your grandma?
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 10:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would say over 45 by that age you would be high risk pregnancy and that would be alot on baby and the mother. That is just my opinion. After having my first at 23 , I don't think this is something I would want to be doing at that age running in behind a child at that stage in life.
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yes. Personally I feel anyone over 30 is to old... I know that's not a popular opinion but it's mine. But definitely anyone over 50 or 60 should think twice, because the chances of them being around long enough to watch that child grow is slim, and it's just not fair to the child.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Naturally or artificially?
    Anonymous