I need advice

Ok ya'll I need help figuring out what to do. I'm 35 weeks with my third and I am embarassed to admit that i can't figure out if what I am feeling is real labor. My first two were so obvious, the pain was unbearable and felt like mestrual cramps and these don't feel anything like that. All I feels is very intense tightening of m stomach and no pain in my back. I think they are braxton hick but I can't be sure because they will not let up. I have laid down, drank water and walked around and they will not go away. I don't want to make a unnessecary trip to the hospital because my daughter is super sick right now nad the person who watches her has gone out for the night. What do ya'll think should I just wait and see or should I head out and hope my daughter can handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your not sure go get checked. My first time I was laughing and having no pain til I got to 4cm and they put me on pitocin OMG PAIN.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 10:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would call your doctor right away. They may not be braxton hicks contractions, it would be better to be safe than having your new bundle of joy at home or in an ambulence. Good Luck.
    lizzybriggs55

Answer by lizzybriggs55 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Yikes! At 35 weeks, at least call your dr's on call nursing line, or whatever they have. They will assist you. Generally, they keep you on the line for a while, answering questions, because it is assumed that if you are able to talk through your contractions, you may be in early labor, but not yet ready to go to the hospital. They also have access to your records and will know if there are any reasons to be overly concerned. This first part of labor can go on for HOURS. I had them starting at 8am. Called nursing line just to let them know we were at 5 min intervals around 10. Got bored, went and got my toenails done. Tried to rest up. Ate as much as I could. Finally went in at 6 pm. Didn't deliver for another 30 hours. Just call. Hospital doesn't want to see you until you NEED that wheel chair! lol!
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 10:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• i think you should go to the hosital cuz all pregnancies are diff and things can still go wrong at the end of your pregnancy
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If the tightening is in a timeable pattern, then you should contact your doctor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If they're coming at regular intervals, and the intervals are growing closer together, then it's likely labor. Since you're 35 weeks, you should probably call you doc, because they will likely give you something to stop labor, but they can only do it if it's early.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• It is always better to be safe then sorry. i wouldn't want to try to deleiver a baby by myself at home at 35 weeks.
    Mom3Elizabeth

Answer by Mom3Elizabeth at 11:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Call yer doc yo
    MonicaGellar

Answer by MonicaGellar at 2:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010