bones?

does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to remember parts of the bones? I have to have memorized every bone and then the name of every hole, bump, ect to every bone in the body. I have alot of them memorized but some of them just do not want to stick. any suggestions will help.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 10:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in

• practice practice practice is the only thing
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• try making your own pneumonic (sp?) device to help you remember them.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• make up a song
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Well I have done a number of different thing to remember things. I guess it would be hard to help though if i don't know which ones that you are having a hard time with. A few that I can think of that I had little reminers in my head for was the scapular looks like a spatular. the ulna and radias was another. The thumb comes first so I new that would be radias because r is first in the aplhabet. Tibia and fibula, tibia is with your big toe, toe tibia . I know I spelt most of those wrong and I hope this was helpful. Let me know of some of the bones you are having trouble and I will see what I can do to help.
    hodgkinrus6

Answer by hodgkinrus6 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy is awesome. Do you have a good textbook? I made my own flashcards, drawing everything out from the lab bones and from the textbook, and it helped me understand the details and curves, as well as all of the articulations. If you're taking anatomy, get this skill down now, because you'll need it for the brain, the kidneys, muscles, etc. Good luck, and let me know if I can help! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• If you Google Bones of the body songs you'll get some cute videos that help to remember all of the 206 bones. Good Luck!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am an MRI tech, formerly x-ray tech. Which bones are you having trouble with?
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 3:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010