i have a 1 year old and me and his dad just broke up after 2years how can i make it with out his dad?

Mandrea85

Asked by Mandrea85 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Can you try to patch things up? Who broke up? Try reading "The Surrendered Wife" by Laura Doyle and try to save your marriage. Ask him if you can try again. Ask him what you can do to be a better wife. Forget your pride, it just gets you alone and lonely. That's my advice. Don't give up yet! It can get so much better. Best of luck to you!!!!
    Shelley522

Answer by Shelley522 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Does he still come around for the child? You should talk to him find out if he wants to work thing out, but don't keep the relationship because of the child. It wont' work.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Girl, I am so sorry about your break up! If you can work it out, DO!! But if there is no way please don't stay together because of your child. I had a 4 year old and a 2 year old when my husband wanted a divorce. It is hard. I will not lie to you but you can do it because there is a little one that needs you everyday. They want their mom and depend on you for everything. They are the only reason for getting up everyday even when you are so upset and just want to run away. Then they climb on your lap and all the stress goes away. I will tell you that if you have any questions please let me know. jjrr (Jacque) God bless you and keep the faith.
    jjrr

Answer by jjrr at 9:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• ANY WOMAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT ON HER OWN. I LOVE THE GUY I AM WITH BUT IF WE SPLIT UP I KNOW I WILL MAKE IT. IT IS HARD. BEEN THER AND DONE IT, BUT ALSO GOT THROUGH IT. LIVE LIFE FOR YOUR BABY.
    Anonymous

• have faith.....just pray to God that you will find a way to make it, for strength, encouragement, and anything else yoiu might need. just pray ALOT!
    kaleysmom

Answer by kaleysmom at 10:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• You didn't mention if you were married to him or not but be that as it may he still has to pay child support. Now, how can you make it without him? You can bc you are a mom. We are survivors not only for ourselves but for our children. You can be resourceful and find support among friends and family. You may consider going to school if you don't have a career. You will find that you have strength you never knew you had. We are here for you if you need moral support. You can do this. Set a goal for yourself and make a plan to obtain that goal. Set a timeframe for reaching it. Start NOW. Nothing can stop you once you set your mind on something. Ok, now someone queue Helen Ready to sing I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR! You can do this.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• you will find strength. it's inevitable, you are a mother! just concentrate on bettering yourself and doing everything for your son. hopefully the dad will come around for your child but don't set yourself up for disappointment waiting on him to come around for you. things will improve. focus on you and your boy. it's actually a good feeling. and never forget that a man is an accessory not a necessity you and your child are first.
    brimarie8

Answer by brimarie8 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008