Do you ever feel like

just running away from home? If yes, other than your kids and assuming things are not what they should be with the hubby, what would stop you?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• i have before....and i did.....best decision ever. it was hard on my son at first and im somewhat ashamed to say that he lived with my parents for a few months while i sorted things out and started to get my life back together, but i just couldnt live the life i was living anymore. i was trying so hard to be the person everyone else thought i should be and not my true self. i was with a man that i was miserable with and not doing anything in life that made ME happy. i spent a few months trying to find myself and making several mistakes along the way, but i wouldnt change any of it. i now know who i am and truly love myself....and i met an amazing man that has honestly saved me from depression and misery. we all go through bad periods where we just want to get away, but if it never gets better it might really be time to go.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I've run away several times, but I always come back!LOL I just came back from a 4 day runaway! I went to Portland, picked up my girlfriend at the airport, we checked in to Embassy Suites, partied the night away( which for me was about 5 drinks!) and got up the next morning and headed home, stopped for a night in Eugene and stayed at the Valley River Inn (great place), went to the Concierge Lounge and had several drinks and great hor d oerves(sp?) had a great belgian waffle for breakfast, and shopped for the day, spent the night again, same routine, and then we headed home! I came back to the joyous chaos that is my home, and I',m good for a couple of months! Sometimes I run away to my sister's, and spend a couple of nights, get calmed down, come back to the chaos!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• nothing would really but i also think that the sittuation i'm in now doesn't make it any easier to walk away.... but deep down i love him and really don't want to be without him.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I DID BEFORE 2WKS FELT SO FREE AND HAPPY TRYING TO DEAL WITH ME CAME BACK AND THINGS ARE WORSE THAN B4
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I think you should run-away for a day or two...take some you time.
    It sounds like you may need it Sweetie.
    The only thing that stops me from running more often is money...lol.
    I save $25.00 a month (direct deposit from bank account to Paypal...it earns 14% APR interest too!) and then
    I pick someplace wonderful for me to go to!
    Never too far from family in case of an emergency but just for me!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• All of my animals I have to take care of - that has stopped me for many years !!!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have contemplated doing that several times, but I didn't have the courage and the money to do it.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 4:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• All the time. The only thing other than my kids that stops me is myself. I sit down and think about it and just say forget it.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i wish i could but i have no one i could trust to take care of my sons or my animals...so no time to myself here...:(
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010