What's a really good idea for decorating for Christmas (indoors)

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• A blog that i follow (Penny Pinchin' Mom) had a GREAT idea. She takes a piece of art from over her sofa down, wraps it up like a present, puts a pretty bow on it, and hangs it back up. She said it adds something to the room different than the usual tree, candles, nativity scene, ect.
    Christy_517

Answer by Christy_517 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• When I decorated for fall, I looked up sites online such as...Martha Stewart, Better Homes & Garden, and HGTV. They had alot of neat ideas. Also, for some of my decorating I didn't have alot of money to spend so I looked up some frugal decorating ideas as well. Hope this helps :)
    Sheilatx

Answer by Sheilatx at 11:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I add sets of white Christmas lights on top of my kitchen cabinets entwined with fake Christmas greenery.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I like pictures, so I always Google images of Christmas Decor. There are so many neat color combinations for decorating this year. Walmart had red, green and brown together, which I dearly loved.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It may not be on Martha Stewart, but we have the fisher price nativity on the coffeetable, this way the kids more or less leave the other things alone, and when cousins visit, it's the first thing they go to.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i like the idea Christy 517 wrote about... and you might want a theme, every year i change mine. Last year was red and green with a touch of snowmen, the year before that was christmas bells... this year i might go for white roses with a bit of bling (plastic crystals so the kids wont break them) and silver sprinkled here and there.
    MakG

Answer by MakG at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i love to make cut out christmas trees and let my son color them,make home made construction paper garland....its all fun!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• try to add some decorations to everyroom and lots of decorations in the main room have fake christmas presents around the house decorate kitchen and add a few christmas trees all over the house in different sizes
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I decorate every room... all of my doorways/arches have lighted garland, my fireplace mantel also has light up garland...
    I try for a general theme ea yr... this yr it's all about Santa, my mantel has all of my Santa's and my Charlie brown tree and
    figures on it... I have taken the garland this yr and wrapped it with other color garland, such as Red, Gold and Silver..
    I also have many pics on the wall so I take a few of them and wrap them up as gifts and put them back up on the wall...
    This yr I used colored foil paper instead of ribbons and regular paper... I hang wreaths up above a few of the arches too...
    I have A LOT of windows in my house so I have decided to wrap a few of them up with the same foil paper and put
    light ups in a few... the main (family one) tree will go up in front of the front living room windows, 1 tree is going into the
    dining room bay windows... haven't decided on the 3rd one yet...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have not completely finished decorating yet, but don't think I will be adding much more inside
    as i have A LOT that has gone up outside too ...
    I sit and look around my house, know what I have in way of decorating and start thinking, picturing
    what or where I want to put something.. believe me my Dh and my grandson learns to stay out of my
    way during this time of yr... LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010