my apple cider has turned into alchol, how can i tell if its okay to drink?

soo i got this apple cider like four weeks ago. its from a farm in town... and its been in my garage (really cold out) and not opened (in amilk type jug)
anyway its obviously turned into alchol because the jug was all blown up and it smells like alchol.

well my bestfriend had hers go bad last year and she drank it and it was fine, she didnt get sick. well how can i tell if its gone TOOO bad. if that makes sense

it smells like alchol and rotting fruit... so Idk if i should drink it...

help me out c:

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• With any food if the container is bulging it indicates bacterial growth that is unsafe for consumption, especially in un pasteurized products. If it's bulging and smells rotten, throw it away.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Haha! If you drink it, you'll probably get stinkin' drunk and it will CURE you of any bug you might have!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You may get drunk.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Test it on the hubby..LOL KIDDING!!!!!!! I have no idea... i dont know if I would drink it personally, but I would  do some research before ingesting any!!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The preventative medical knowledge I have says any food containers that are bloated or smell funny could be contaminated with something like botulism.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2010