I need a creative sleep solution for my 2 and 4 year old...

We are moving to a small apartment with a tiny bedroom for them to share. How has anyone else handled this situation? I was thinking about using a twin bed with a crib mattress underneath since I can pullout the crib mattress as needed.

suebe2003

Asked by suebe2003 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What about a bunk bed with guard rails. That would depend on the maturity of the 4 year old though.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I did have a bunk bed not long ago and he liked the idea but, honestly, he is so clumsy and does notpay attention to what he is doing so I am afraid of him falling, even with the rails on the bed!
    suebe2003

Answer by suebe2003 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think a trundle bed would be the best solution
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• What about a daybed, that you can use sorta like a couch, with a pull-out trundle bed underneath? I was going to do this for my daughters room and I found a bunch on craigslist for not a lot of money.
    I would be a little hesitant to use the toddler mattress undereneath because I would worry that the younger one wouldn't see it as a real bed, and you might have some bedtime problems. Plus, it could get pushed under too far and be a struggle to pull out every night.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I live in a small apartment and my 4- and 2-year-old girls sleep in a bunk bed. They do well together.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 2:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a two and four year old in a tiny apartment. In their bedroom is a single bed on a box spring (instead of the frame to save space.) The two year old sleeps in a crip forming a right angle to the bed. I also have a tiny dresser for their clothes.
    Anadmarie

Answer by Anadmarie at 8:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008