Any advice anyone?

I woke up this morning with a pain in my shoulder and shoulder blade area. Now, the pain is going toward the center of my back. I don't know what to make of it. Does anyone have any ideas what this is?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• Did you sleep on it wrong or turn the wrong way or move your shoulder any different? I've done that before and spent a few days beholden to a heating pad, icy hot, motrin, and muscle relaxers. It started out in my shoulder and before the end of the day I could not turn normally. I had to involve my whole torso. It was bad. I had to see my doctor. There are a lot of big muscles in that area.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Might be the way you slept. I was looking at a book about the back and its amazing all the nerve ends that come out from the spinal area. I was having pain just under my shoulder blade, up to my neck and then my elbow hurt to bend. Turns out all these muscles are somehow connected to the whole spinal column. You might want to see a chiropractor if it is too uncomfortable to deal with.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• When I had really bad heartburn due to my gallbladder having issues, the pain was throughout my back like that. It felt as if someone had shoved an enormous knife through my back. Could it be your gallbladder? Gall stones?
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• you may of slept on you arm wrong... that right there can do it to you or diabetes.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you slept wrong. Try a hot shower and some IBproufen and maybe your S/O or someone to rub it a little bit!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 12:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• problems with your ribs can radiate pain into your shoulder blades and back
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 12:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2010