Is it normal to bleed at first on Depo Shot?

I never got on depo shot until August this year and after 4 months I had my boy. I've been bleeding sometimes heavy and sometimes lightly since I got the shot. Is it normal? I keep bleeding and I'm scared that it's something else.
And my doctors appointment is next week and I'm going to ask for another birth control. I do have to have something to keep my periods normal.

lovebnmommy310

Asked by lovebnmommy310 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• My sister got the shot and bleed for almost the whole three months.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yep, it's normal. I bled the entire three months, and decided not to get the second shot, although the bleeding is supposed to slow and even cease after the second round...I couldn't take it! Actually, I missed the second shot window, and would have been almost two weeks late, so like starting it all over. Ugh! If you can stick it out, I think the benefits outway the cons in the end.
    Mom2five77

Answer by Mom2five77 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• yes its normal i got the shot after my son and i had 2 shots and i bled for 8 months til i stopped the shot it just depends on the body
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yep, it is totally normal. The first time I got my Depo I bled for most of the first three months.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I had only one shot of the depo and I bled non-stop for 4 months afterwards...then I'd be off a month...on a month, the rest of the year until it was finally done screwing with my hormones. I was miserable :( Depo is evil!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008