Lower back pain???

I have had long term lower back pain on my right side only. It comes and goes but has been worse the last 6 months. I finally told my doc about it and he prescribed some pills. They do nothing for the pain. He said I have muscle spasms and slight scoliosis. Anyways, the pills didn't help so he gave me an MRI. I'm waiting on results.

So, has anybody had long term lower back pain. Almost feels like it's burning. Did you have an MRI? What was the diagnosis? Just curious as to what may be wrong with me or maybe I'm just getting old.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 12:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• Same symptoms as me, my mri showed that I had a herniated disc. They offered physical therapy and it has helped some. They also offered surgery but everyone that i know that has had surgery continues with pain. So i'll just deal with it. Hope everything works out well.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have lower back pain all the time n my dr did x-rays n found out that my spine is really narrow at the bottom n im taking meds for it. so ask ur drabout that cuz u have all the same simptumes as i do the ;ower back pain n the burning of the spine.
    iluvmyboyz4eva

Answer by iluvmyboyz4eva at 12:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have disc protrusion (herniated disc) stage 3-4 AND degenerative disc disease. Lovely. I am on hold with a neurosurgeon....
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010