how do you let go of sm1 you have been in love with the past 15yrs?

keedy603

Asked by keedy603 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Slowly with time.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 12:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• thank you adelinasmommy
    keedy603

Comment by keedy603 (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• no prob, take sometime for you!
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 12:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Little by little, replacing them with someone (or something) else. I was in love with my best friend's older brother for 8+ years, from the time I was 14 until after he was married. And even then, although I knew I technically had to "be over him" and move on with my life, it took a few more years to feel like he really faded to the background and that the mention of his name, or meeting him, wouldn't evoke any romantic emotions. It took years to become so in love with him, it took years to get back out. And that was a fairly one-sided relationship. If yours was reciprocated, it'll take a while.
    Be yourself, find yourself and do what you like to do. Live your life for you and no one else. If you have kids, love them to pieces and spoil yourself on occasion. And when you're ready, jump back into the fire and find someone else.
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire." ~Garth Brooks
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 12:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I still love my exhusband. But its so different. He is remarried and I wish him and his new wife the best in this life. I love that he is my daughters father. I love that we got past the hurt and somehow, I am okay no longer being his lover or wife. It took awhile. the love just became more mature and not of a sexual nature.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• thank you all for you comments and sharing you life with me
    keedy603

Comment by keedy603 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• takes time and hopefully you can still be on friend terms!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It just takes time because you have been with this person for so long that its almost as if you have grown dependant on the love that you have gotten from him over the years, but the best thing to do is to cut all ties with him and just start focusing on the healing. Take some time to cry and go through the whole break up routine and use that time to just keep to yourself and let it all out. Find a good friend to sit with you if you don't want to be alone and just sit down and talk until you get everything off your chest and out of your system.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 15, 2010