how do i get my baby to take bottle and off breastfeeding?

i had to go back to work earlier that expected and cant handle the pumping and her wanting to breastfeed all night help

lcruz1983

Asked by lcruz1983 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't *need* to pump... you can just give formula during the day, if you want. And weaning won't stop her from waking up at night... it will just mean you have to actually get out of bed to feed her.

Also, depending on her age... if she's nursing all night anyway you can encourage reverse cycling and then you won't really need to pump during the day, she'll just make up for the missed feedings when you are together.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• With my second he cluster fed at night... he wanted to nurse all night every night. He hated bottles and formula was not an option so we bed shared. It may not work for you but it worked for us. He was able to nurse and I was able to sleep.
    Almostsinglemom

Answer by Almostsinglemom at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010