sometimes I really hate doctors!

Mon night ten mo old dd was up all night with a 102 temp. Tues took her to her ped and he said sinus infection and gave her amoxicillian. Today she had a 100 temp and was coughing so much she was vomitting. So I went to take her to urgent care but they wouldn't take our insurance so I had to take her to the er. The dr asked me why I wasn't giving her OTC cough syrup... I was like umm she's TEN MOS OLD! Then he talked about how they pulled all the infant meds off the shelfs. I told him her dr said she had a sinus infection and he asked if her checked her ears, I said yea on tuesday. He said ok and didn't evevn check her AT ALL. Didn't even listen to her breathe!!! He ordered a chest xray. There were two techs and one of tem asked what was going on so I told her. She looked at me and goes "you really brought her here for a cough?" I said no, I brought here cuz urgent care told me too and she was vomitting and has been on meds

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• continues... Sh ehas been on meds for five days and is getting sicker. And she stopped again and said, so you're here for a cough? Then the other tech stepped in and said no, she's here because her baby is sick and getting worse. Xrays came back ok, dr came in and told me to get her some robitussin. And that was that. I didn't want to go to the stupid er, but I didn't have a choice bc I want to get her taken care of. I've been really sick and I don't want her to get as bad as I did. Excuse me for trying to keep my baby healthy! Ugh...
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• if baby has fver take her dont let it go. i went thru a horrible experience w/ my 4 yr old son now. at the time 18 mons old was behind doctors for 4 weeks cause his fever did not go down and they kept dismissing it, guess what he had ended up with pnemonia and needed surgery....fever means something!!! body warning us!!
    lcruz1983

Answer by lcruz1983 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'd given her some motrin and her fever went down. Then walking through the cold parking lot to get inside she got kinda cold so her temp was 97.9 so they said she didn't have a fever.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Motrin is masking the fever. Can you go back to the clinic on Monday?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Make someone give her a test for Whooping Cough, also called Pertussis. That is always a concern when a little tot is vomitting with a cough. It starts out like a cold and the cough gets worse and worse. It is a shame your regular doc and the ER people didn't do that already!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• she didn't have the cough when I took her to her ped. Tues. It just started saturday. She's been a little better today so hopefully she's getting better
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010