What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Christmas Eve we turn on and leave on all night ALL of the Lights in and out side and we connect to Norad and
    track Santa, we watch a Christmas movie and have a veggie/meat & cheese tray supper... We then put our cookies,
    milk, and reindeer food out and then we pull out the Santa Key and place it on the outside front door so that Santa
    has a way in..
    This yr : ( tho, our 9 yr old knows that we are his Santa, so our traditions for Christmas Eve will change a little...
    As for Christmas day, it's just the 3 of us... lounge in pj's, open gifts, put gifts together...lol... call family, Skyp (sp)
    our over seas friends ( by way of the internet) then settle for a NON-traditional Christmas dinner and this yrs menu
    consists of Grilled Steaks and baked potatos with a Cheese,meat,veggie & dipp trays for evening snack and another
    family Christmas movie and then it's put our grandson to bed and Dh and I have quiet time to ourselves ;)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• driving around looking at christmas lights and listening to christmas music
    reading my dd's childrens' bible to her about the birth of jesus
    having a bday cake for jesus (so my kids know why we celebrate)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Having a big family breakfest on Christmas morning!! It will be great when my husband doesn't have to work Christmas day he misses out on a lot!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Putting my moms tree up, its me my sister (our 4 kids) and my brother, we play Christmas music and sing and dance and just be silly all day (and yes it takes all day) then we get to eat dinner together, its just so much fun!!!!!
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 8:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thats awesome! When our boys were little we did the same! Then stopped for hot choc. and pie on the way home :)
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Having sex under the lit Christmas tree. I am serious. There is something magical about the colored lights and being naughty under the tree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I love these traditions!! :)
    Kathy675

Comment by Kathy675 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• secret santa is always fun! thats been in my family for years and years....we even did it at school too!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• singing christmas songs,going out to see all the lights and decorations,the food.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I love going caroling. And going out to see all the Christmas lights. But, I think that my favorite is having my whole family gathered in the family room in our jammies and listening to my husband read the Christmas story.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2010