Can we stop now?

The election is tomorrow. Most everyone already has their mind made up. Nothing posted, good or bad, is going to do much in swaying people (not that it ever did). Can't we just chill now. I just think how cool it is that this is such a big deal. People are getting involved and passionate about our country, and that really is the first step in making a change. Can we call truce on the negativity? If my candidate dosen't win, ah, won't be the first or last time. Dosen't mean I'm going to start rioting. We all need to support the winner to make a real change in this country. No matter who it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I second that!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I promise to stop as soon as I cast my ballot TOMORROW! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Thank you, I agree!!
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 12:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Wooooo! Second that!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I haven't gone to the journal section in CM in many days just because I'm tired of all the political posts. I completely agree that it's great to voice your opinion and what not, but there's no need to debate it 24/7 because one person who has their mind made up on who they are going to vote, most likely won't change their mind. But I agree that it is nice to see so many people who care. =) But after the election and we find out who won, it will be weeks of more posts on why people are thrilled or ticked they won or didn't win. lol So for now, I'm just sticking to my friends' posts and groups. haha
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There's one answer to this: If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. No one has tied or handcuffed anyone to their computer and made them click on the link to this forum. There are plenty of other nice places to visit on cafemom. If you enjoy debate, come here, if you don't, visit elsewhere. :) <---saying this nicely, b/c I, too, get my panties in a wad over much of the issues here.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I havent been on here for atleast a week b/c I couldn't handle all the bs anymore. I probably wont be again for another week b/c I know when we find out it will be going crazy here, see ya then
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There's one answer to this: If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen. No one has tied or handcuffed anyone to their computer and made them click on the link to this forum

Hear hear to lifeasinoit!!!
    This country was founded on freedom of speech. I have friends who support the other side of the ticket and we have the same debates and we are friends. CM posts act as tough everyone is out to get everyone els. Speaking for myself, that is not the case. I am just trying to figure out why people feel the way they do. If you don't want to read what others are writing... Simply, DON'T... No one is forcing anyone to respond, read, or post... It's all good...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Debate is good! It would be terribly boring if we were all in agreement with each other! I just don't like the immature personal attacks that happen, it just cheapens the whole Cafemom experience!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• thank you for being a reasonable person. i wish everyone felt the same.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008