Which one do you decorate for?

I know that many people go all out for Halloween, but then comes two other holidays (depending on religion) that people decorate for.

Most people tend to skip thanksgiving and go straight to christmas decorating. Other people do both together or seperate. What do you do?

MakG

Asked by MakG at 1:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• when the kids where little I did more. But now for Thanksgiving I keep it pretty simple. Its usually all about the table for me.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I decorate for all three. Granted I may jump the gun and have some christmas stuff out at thanksgiving but we docrate for all three.
    courtrexmommas

Answer by courtrexmommas at 1:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I only decorate for Christmas. I have some door plaques for other holidays and occasionally I will remember to put them out, but mostly not.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I just do Fall theme which covers Halloween and Thanksgiving. After Turkey day I bust out all the Christmas decor - that's my favorite.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do Halloween, then thanksgiving and then Christmas. All separate. And I leave it up till the upcoming weekend then it comes down. I put them up usually a week or 2 in advanced. Besides Christmas...I put it up as soon as I take Thanksgiving down most of the time!!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Now... My mom decorates for all holidays, year round. She has boxes and boxes of decorations. She has villages for all the holidays too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Right now I barely decorate for anything, I just don't have the space!! But when my husband is finally out of the military and we can buy our own home I will decorate for every holiday! I think a lot of people skip over Thanksgiving, but the colors are just so awesome that I will when I have the opportunity!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i mom has villages for the holidays too... i never understood why that is...
    MakG

Comment by MakG (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i like the autumnal colors too, and think that combining halloween to thanksgiving is a great idea, thanks ladies for your honesty

MakG

Comment by MakG (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I LOOOOVE decorating for Christmas!! Outside and inside! :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2010