HELP!!

Ok, so I'm only 21 weeks, almost 22 weeks, and today I had really strange white thick discharge....could this be my mucous plug?!?! :(
Or an infection?! Or can Luekhoria[spelling] look like this? This IS my first pregnancy.

I already called my doc, I'm awaiting a call back, but could use some answers from mother's who have experience. Please, no rude answers, I don't need that kind of bollocks on my questions, THANKS!! :)

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• white sounds more like a yeast infection to me. I got yeast infections like crazy while I was pregnant. it's the only time I get them too....

my mucus plugs always looked like when you blow your nose when you have a bad cold or sinus infection... green/yellow slimy snot looking blog sometimes with streaks of red in it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I've had thick mucus discharge through the whole pregnancy. Its gross.. smells a little like semen. (kind of musty, not as "sweet" smelling as my usual, natural smell) Sometimes when I wipe it looks like I blew my nose. It's from increased levels of progesterone during pregnancy. That mucus is the same kind of mucus that makes the plug, and coats the cervix end. Things I was told to look out for is any discoloration -- clear and white are OK -- blood, or greenish are bad. (Greenish could be some kind of infection) Good luck Mom!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008