what's your trick to become better not bitter from tough situations?

I'm doing pretty good, but it would be fun to see how others have learned to cope and make sure bitterness doesn't take over.

My main one is to do my best to keep my blinders on. Try hard not to focus on how unjust the system of things is right now. To accept life for what it is, and grow from it. Become wiser, and know that things aren't done as simple these days.

How bout you?

I couldn't find a topic for this so I put it in Beauty and style because it is about inward beauty right? :)

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think you just have to realize life happens. Deal with the situation and move on. Dont dwell!!
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 1:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• focus on something else. try to forget the negative. i like what you said, that is what i do. sometimes it is hard but you wont get anything positive form being bitter right? lessons learned from situation make us grow and become stronger,
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I always remind myself that things can only get better! And they do. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I love this question, and think you picked the perfect place to put it! :-D
    ~ Here's a BUMP for you! ~
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If I start feeling bitter, I try my hardest to change my way of thinking. Try to pick out the positives of the situation.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thank you guys. I hope more people see this question. I'd like to get some perspective and ideas gleaned off them;)

Kerp- usually I think that way. I was thinking that way, and then..... It didn't get better. It got much worse. At least so it seems right now. It'll be ineresting if everything really does work out for the better. It's just the whole housing situation economy stuff......

Really, really having to try hard to keep my blinders on this week.
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well it is better not to harbor ill will. I am not sure the way I learned this but I did as an adult. It was really making me angry all the time so I had to start letting stuff go.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010