Love Spells

My BFF asked me this week I was interested in casting a love spell either on the guy that I am interested in or on me to attract more men to me. As a Christian I am uncomfortable with this, but at the same time I am tired of being alone and being heartbroken over the guy that I am good friends with but also interested in. Any opinions, suggestions?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm glad to answer this question : I have been a practicer of the Old Ways of Magick for many years. My grandma was a Cunning Woman, my great aunt was a Layer-on-of-Hands, a psychic healer... Hon,just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you can't send good waves out there to attract love to you. ( But,sorry you can't cast a spell to get a certain person to love you. That's manipulative magick. AND even if it does work,it often backfires. JUST TRUST ME ON THIS ! ) There are many books on positive magick and most of them have Love Attraction Spells. A simple one : Light a pink or white candle, anoint it ( rub it down ) with a floral perfume or oil ( Rose oil is best ). Close your eyes and envision your ideal love coming to you. Think about the characteristics of your ideal love. Now, when you feel as if you are ready, send out the love vibrations. REMEMBER LIGHTING A CANDLE IS LIKE A PRAYER... GOOD LUCK !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• As a Pagan who practices Witchcraft I say never ever, ever do a spell if you are NOT a practicioner. Even if a person IS a practicioner, one should NOT do one to change the will of another. If your friend cast a spell then the karma is hers and not yours. She should know better than to cast without permission from you or show you how to do it yourself.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Never do something that takes free will from another! Thats my advice(and I practice witchcraft).

I understand the hating being alone but the cardinal rule of most anything is never harm another and taking free will away is doing just that.

Realize the difference between what you NEED and what you WANT. Once I realized I didnt NEED a partner and put it out there to the Divine thats when my lesson was learned and I found the man who is now my husband.

Good Luck, it will happen it just takes time which isnt always a humans best friend.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• As a practicing Witch, my advise is to stay clear of things like this. Magick is not meant to infringe on free will, so casting a spell to make someone feel something they don't is breaking a huge "taboo" in the world of magick... Plus, lets say it did work, lets say for a second that you cast a spell and some prince of a man falls desperately in love with you - is there a chance you could ever be happy? Could you ever know he actually loves you - for you? And not for some magickal spell? Could you really be happy not to know that?

If you aren't comfortable & 100% sure & secure in your choice to use magick, you shouldn't be! It's that simple. But if you did choose to use magick, it's always better to focus on YOU than it is to focus on someone else. Open yourself to finding and being loved. Open yourself to positivity... That's your best bet, not a love spell, those are never anything but trouble!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• please don't take this as me being mean BUT as a christian myself i don't believe in magic or spells..if you read the same bible i do then you know why :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well sweety GOD will give you the strength to endure. And if he is the one GOD meant for you to be with then you would be and who knows in time GOD may have it that way but for now you need to just give those feelings to GOD and tell him they are for him to have and when he is ready for you to have the man he intended for you to have you are ready. Until then sweety just keep praying and keep yourself and your faith strong in him. For he is the oneman that loves you unconditionaly. ALways remember that. And don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with.
    courtrexmommas

Answer by courtrexmommas at 2:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• A few things: spells should never be done to control other people, that's just wrong, you shouldn't do something you aren't comfortable with, & there are many other, much better ways to deal with being alone & heartbroken. You don't need a spell to heal over this but, you do proabably need to work on yourself a bit. Wish you the best.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Just want to add that love spells have a nasty habit of backfiring mostly because they do interfere with another's free will.

If you are uncomfortable with the idea of it, tell your friend that. If she is your BFF, then she will understand.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Even I, as a witch, would never use a love spell on another person or on a specific person. This is infringing upon their free will and can end VERY badly. You only cast a love spell to bring the RIGHT person to you a little more quickly. My christian son is still waiting for the right woman to come along at the age of 41. Praying about it obviously doesn't work. Think about Joseph in the court of the Egyptian king, divining the future by means of a golden cup (the one he slipped into Benjamin's things). Think about Moses (or sometimes Aaron) performing magic tricks with his staff in the pharoah's court, as he was trying to get the Israelite's freedom. Think about Paul flinging a curse at Simon Bar Jesus and blinding him. Magic is present throughout the bible, not only in numerous prophets and seers, but in tricks that christians prefer to label "miracles". But if you're uncomfortable with it, tell your bff so.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Don't do it.you have Christians and people who practice witchcraft telling you it is a bad idea.Learn to love you without a man fined out who you are ,then when you are not even thinking about it the right guy will come along.Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2010